Foothills Orienteering is an active club of several hundred members in southern Alberta. We organize races and training throughout the year, and have programs for youth and adults. The club has a strong history of orienteering in the Calgary area for over 30 years.
Foothills has preordered clothing this year and has a great stock of items available. You can order on this link CLUB CLOTHING
Our club is very proud of our successful Junior Development Program that coaches kids ages 6 to 20 to become great orienteers. We have a new program starting called SOGO Adventure Running We are offering Fall programs! Check out the new SOGO website
Beyond the Basics
Beyond the Basics is a 6-week introductory program for Adults. Check out this page for more information.
Due to the requirements of the Club's insurer, every competitor at an event is required to be a member of the club (or another Canadian Orienteering Federation affiliated club). Fortunately, joining FWOC is simple and inexpensive! Use this online form to become a member.
There are two ways to become a member:
- Basic option for orienteers interested in local events.
- Member rates for Wednesday night meets and club B-meets.
- Membership form for individual adults, families, and groups.
- Advanced option for orienteers interested in major events.
- Includes FWOC membership.
- Full list of benefits
- Complete the Alberta Orienteering Association membership form and nominate FWOC as your club.
2013 membership fees
|Student & Junior (12-20)||$10|
|Senior (over 65)||$20|