New this year, Foothills Orienteering (FWOC) is offering Personal Orienteering Coaching (POC) to club members. FWOC will provide a coach for each participant for a one-hour, one-on-one session, either on a Wednesday night or during a forest training session. The coach will shadow the participant on a course. The coach will provide feedback based on what they observed.
Work with a coach for an hour on a one-to-one basis to improve your orienteering! The orienteering technique or skill is your choice; you can run or walk the course. The exact nature of the one-hour interaction will be dependent on both parties.
- Each session is a single one hour session.
- The participant can choose to have the session during a Wednesday evening event or during a forest training event.
- The participant should identify what skills they would like to focus on to ensure they get the most out of their session.
- Participants will be matched to coaches based on coach availability and compatibility.
- The exact nature of the one-hour interaction will be dependent on both parties and can be fluid.
- The organizer will share the participant's email with the coach and the coach will contact the participant to set up a date.
- Participants MUST be current members of FWOC. If you do not already have a 2019 FWOC membership, please get one in the sign up process.
When and Where?
The date and location is decided between the participant and the coach. You can choose to meet on a Wednesday at an evening event or schedule a Sunday to go to a forest training event.
POC is for FWOC club members, intermediate, adult orienteers who would like to develop / improve their orienteering techniques. There are a variety of skills you could work on: compass bearing, attackpoints and collecting features, route choice, contouring...
How do I sign up?
Register must be done in advance on Zone 4 so that we can match a mentor to each participant; sign up on-line on the FWOC membership registration site. If you are already a member, you can indicate that on the registration form (and you won't be charged a membership fee). COST: $20.00 / one hour session
If you have any questions about registration or any other aspect of the program, please let us know. Email: email@example.com