TNT #15 - St. Andrew's/West Hillhurst Toques & Training series
March 14th 2023 6:00pm - March 15th 2023 8:00pm
Organizer: David Campden (Event Director)
This is the last TNT of this winter season! Come celebrate with us at the social / AGM afterwards.
Start / Finish: at the St Andrew's Heights community centre.
- The top of the map is true North. Magnetic North is indicated by blue lines at 500 m intervals.
- All the controls are either fire hydrants, little free libraries or garbage cans. Check the control description so you know what you are looking for. There are no pin flags set out.
- It will likely be very icy so exercise extreme caution, especially around any stairs. Also be careful crossing roads.
- The long course goes down into the river valley. It is recommended to stay on trails when crossing this slope as the vegetation has not be completely mapped and the snow may be very deep.
- The long course also has a route choice crossing a school field. If running the course during the day, you may want/need to avoid this.
FWOC is offering TNTs (winter orienteering training) again this year. You must be a member of FWOC (or another Canadian orienteering club - OC Member) to participate.
- Days of the week. 2022-2023 TNTs will usually run on both Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm. Pin flags will be set out for the duration of the event. Thus, participants who would prefer to run during the day can run Wednesday morning or afternoon:) NOTE: The organizer has the option of making their event a weekend event.
- Social Option. The organizer has the option of hosting a social gathering during the event, usually either Tuesday evening or Wednesday evening. Details for this will be on the webpage and in the email to participants.
- Family Pricing Option: To encourage families to participate (especially in this time of increasing costs), FWOC has decided to provide a family pricing option (for two or more members of a family who live in the same household) for the series of TNTs. This pricing option is still being configured in Interpodia. Stay tuned.
Same as last year:
- You need to register (and pay) in advance on-line. Registration link will be available soon.
- The minimum number of events is 10 and we hope to offer up to 15. You can participate in as many as you like. Even if you only get to 5 events, it's a pretty good deal!
- All events will be put on Maprun6 so you can go any day after the start of the event (up to a year).
- The location, PDF of the map, and maprun6 details will be sent via email to all registered participants.
- If you need a map printed for you, please let us know.