Foothills Orienteering (aka Foothills Wanderers Orienteering Club or FWOC) was founded in 1977 and provides orienteering events and training to people of all ages, identities, and abilities in Calgary and surrounding areas.
Stay informed on all club activities through our newsletter and Facebook page. Sign up now for our email newsletter.
Alberta public health restrictions has resulted in our cancelling all events until further notice. Read about how we are responding or check out some of our ideas for self-guided activities including our members-only GPS and Permanent courses.
We are hiring a Head Coach. See the job posting for complete details.
The Youth program for FWOC is often hiring. See the SOGO.run website for more details.
Heard about orienteering but not really sure what it involves? We are happy to introduce our sport to anyone who would like to try orienteering. There are a few options: a 90-minute Intro to Orienteering clinic, a 5-week Navigation 101 program, or read this primer and come to an upcoming event in our calendar. We always have someone to explain the sport at each event, so just ask. You can also check out our resources tab for more information.
Event Volunteers (no experience required):
Every event requires volunteers to help organize, plan the courses, take registrations, help with timing / results, or set out and pick up controls. We'll show you what to do - no prior knowledge needed. We need YOUR help! Please sign up to volunteer at the event whenever you register for an event on our calendar.
Course Planners & Event Organizers:
1. Sign up to organize or plan an event. Feel free to select a map and add your name as an event organizer.
2. Find additional info for Event Organizers at Volunteers/Event Organizing Tools and Info
SOGO Adventure Running is our fun outdoors program for children and youth aged 2 - 18. Programs run in the spring and fall for 10 weeks and are offered in several locations in Calgary, Bragg Creek, and Cochrane. Visit SOGO.run for more information.
- Adult Membership (21 years old or older): $30
- Youth Membership (6 to 20 years old): $7.50
- Child (up to 5 years old): free with an adult membership
Wednesday night event fees:
- $10/person or $20/family
Bonus: Club membership includes membership in the Alberta Orienteering Association (AOA) too.
Safety and Waivers
- Read our orienteering safety recommendations.
- Click here and complete our annual waiver for each participant (you have already done this if you became a member after July 1st).