Foothills Orienteering (FWOC) is an active club of several hundred members in southern Alberta. We organize races and training throughout the year, and have programs for youth and adults. The club has had a strong history of orienteering in the Calgary area for over 30 years. Stay informed of all our events by signing up for FWOC News emails on MailChimp.
Try an Event
Heard about orienteering but not really sure what it involves? Check out the fun - try orienteering this Wednesday night! Our next regular Wednesday events will start again in March 2017. See you then!
We're proud of our successful SOGO Adventure Running program that coaches kids ages 3 to 18 to become great orienteers. There are two seasons each year in several locations around town. Registration for Spring 2017 is open - and over 200 spots are already taken! Sign up your kids now!
For more experienced orienteers we offer a ten-week Advanced Orienteering Training program.
Participation and Competitive Development Policy
Designed to encourage club participation in orienteering races outside of the city, plus to support the top club athletes who are representing Canada internationally. Click here for full details.
- Adult Membership (Born 1999 or earlier): $15
- Youth Membership (Born 2000 to 2011): $5
- Child (Born 2012 or later): $0
Wednesday night event fees:
- or purchase a Season Pass: $50 (all 16 Wednesday night events)
Bonus: Club membership includes membership in the Alberta Orienteering Association (AOA) too.
- SOGO is looking for a Head Coach. Contact Deanne Stephen if you are interested or know someone that would be a good fit.
- Foothills is currently hiring a Club Head Coach. Application deadline is Feb 15, 2017. Click here for full details.
- Interested in working abroad? Here's a link to a program to coach in Australia.
Foothills has a small stock of our newly designed clothing. You can view images, check inventory, and order clothing here
Sign up to help with our Wednesday Events. Jobs suitable for all levels of experience: organising, registration, control-pick-up, timing.
For Event Organisers - Club Equipment Inventory
For Wednesday Organisers - List of SI #s