Thank you to all the participants who came out today. It was great to see you all!
Also thank you to:
Marsha (course planner, start official, control pick-up), Bob (permissions), Scott (course vetter), Sebastien, Gabrielle, Vital, Tory, David R. (control pick-up), Barbara, Jonathan, Cindy, Amr (site clean-up), David C. (baking brownies), Damian (course consultant), Janet (equipment)
Upload, draw your route from today on Route Gadget (link is under results), then you can compare with others.
Come and enjoy this lovely area of forest mixed with open slopes by the Sheep River, west of Turner Valley. Bring your family and a picnic and enjoy lunch after the event.
What to Bring
- Whistle - all participants must carry a whistle
- Bear Spray - this is bear country
- Money - to pay event fees
- Food and drink - THERE WILL BE NO WATER ON COURSE - consider carrying your own
- Dry clothes/shoes - to put on after the race. The area is marshy in places
- Compass/SI stick if you have them - we will have some to lend at registration
This week there will be 3 courses for participants of all levels of experience and ability. Courses will be longer - more of a long-middle style.
Sign up for a course by THE END OF THURSDAY OCTOBER 5th so that we know how many maps to print of each course.
Important Safety Information
- All participants must carry a whistle
- This is bear country - carry bear spray and know how to use it
- check out Alberta Parks' Bear Smart information
- Safety Bearing - North/South to road
- You must report back to the finish by 1pm, whether or not you have completed your course.
Other Important Information
Cost: $10 per map, $5 for under 20s, Free for SOGO Level 3 participants
- Registration open from 9:30am in the parking area
- Starts from 10am to 11am
- Courses close at 1pm
- Be courteous to other park users. There are numerous horse trails and hiking trails in the area.
- There are cattle in the area; if you do come across them, stay calm and give them a wide berth.
- Outhouses are located in the parking area.
- Start and Finish are close to the parking area (<100m).
All participants are required to volunteer for at least one race each for registration, timing, and control pick up. Click here to volunteer. If you volunteer, you still can race guaranteed. Thank you for your support.
All participants must have a FWOC club membership Get it online for $15.00 before the event and your first event map is included.