Map: Bowness Park
Learn the basics of the sport of Orienteering in Baker Park (map below).
- A one-and-a-half to two hour outdoor & active clinic
- Led by some of Foothills Orienteering’s internationally experienced orienteers.
You can expect to come away with:
- Muddy shoes and a grin on your face!
- Completing your first orienteering course!
- Better map reading skills;
- A new life-long activity to share with friends and family;
These clinics are being offered two times:
- Tuesday April 30, 6:00PM-8:00PM
- Second location TBA
These clinics are for everyone, regardless of fitness or experience. They are designed for adults but are open to everyone. You will do the clinic in small groups of two or three so we encourage you to bring friends or family.
We think everyone should try these clinics and especially if you:
- Have heard about this unusual sport and would like to learn more about it;
- Enjoy running but get a little bored grinding out the miles;
- Enjoy maps and thinking on the run;
- Don't enjoy maps but want to learn to read them better (5 Reasons Why We Should Still Read Maps);
- Are interested in an activity that you can do with your friends or as a whole family;
- Love being outdoors or in the woods.
Children under the age of 15 are encouraged to join our SOGO Adventure Running program which runs in the Spring (early April to mid-June) and in the Fall in various locations around Calgary - or if they have a friend in SOGO, they could ask about participating in the SOGO 'Bring a Friend' day in May.
The first one is at Baker Park. Meet in parking lot at 6:00pm sharp!
NOTE: The program requires a minimum of 6 participants to proceed.