Final Wednesday Event - Cochrane Ranch Wednesday Evening series
September 5th 2018 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Organizers: Bogi Gyorfi (Event Director), David Roberts (Controller)
|Cochrane Ranche park- Cost $5/ per map.|
This event is open for everyone, all ages and abilities, but for kids parent/ guardian supervision is required.
No previous experience necessary, just show up between 6:30-7:30pm
and bring $5 for the map fee (which can be used for the whole family).
You will be introduced to basic map reading and navigation skills and head out for a walk with a map to find checkpoints. (It’s like a treasure hunt without the treasure). You will be rewarded with fresh air and lost of smiles as you go for an adventure.
Dress for the weather, you will spend about 30 min - 1h walking outside trying a fun activity.
For the regular members: come and run on this new map and enjoy the gorgeous park in Cochrane only 15 min from NW Calgary.
- $5.00/map (includes one-time trial membership for new participants)
- SOGO spring or fall 2018 participants are free
All club member participants are required to volunteer for at least one event during the season. You can help us with registration, timing, or control pick up. You don't need to be a veteran orienteer to help out! If you volunteer, you still can race, guaranteed.
To volunteer, please sign up in the courses section for the task you would like to do. Thank You!
All participants must have a 2018 FWOC Membership. You can either:
- Buy one online before the event
- New to participant? You can purchase a one-time trial membership at the event for $5.00.
You may later apply this towards a full membership.
- SOGO 2018 spring or fall participants are already members, SOGO Squirt parents are members.
2018 Annual Membership rates:
- Adult (Born 1997 or earlier): $20.00
- Youth (Born 1998 to 2011): $5.00
- Child (Born 2012 or later): FREE with the purchase of an Adult Membership.
FWOC club membership includes membership in the Alberta Orienteering Association (AOA).
Please register here (no fees required) but it helps us with printing maps. They will be printed on the Monday before the event.