Thanks to Jane for a fun course. Here are some comments from the runners:
"Big thanks to Jane for a nice TNT course with the bright trees and puffy snowmen, at least one of which was Olaf."
"That is a frosty night run. ️Great course & beautiful lights."
"That was merry and bright; and a ton of fun!"
"What a fun adventure. The lights were beautiful and we didn’t even notice the cold!"
|TNT #4 Results|
|Karen & Karl||1:08'51|
|Geoffrey & Rebecca||1:20'00|
You may want to consider doing this week's TNT in the dark - any time after 5pm. Why? Because this TNT is a tour of some of the lights in West Hillhurst, Parkdale, St Andrew's Heights and Briar Hill. I hope you find good displays at the control points and along the routes in between. At each control you should find either a snowman or a beautiful tree or both, no markers have been used.
The course crosses Crowchild Trail please only use the crossing points that are marked.
There are various ways to cut the course short.
I suggest you park on 22 Street between 7th and 9th Avenues.
Check your email for more inforamtion from [email protected]
This is the fourth event of the TNT Series. To simplify the process, we are asking members to sign up for the series. We plan to offer between 10 and 13 sessions. You must register and pay for the series in advance. You will receive an email (from [email protected]) regarding the exact location each week. No onsite registration or membership signup will be provided.
MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION for the FWOC TNT Courses.
Sign up now: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=25057
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: Each participant must be a member (including each member of a family orienteering together); you can purchase a 2020 Foothills Orienteering membership. You will be asked to renew your membership before the January sessions begin.
On the day of the event:
Here is what you need to do as early as possible on the day of the event (but continue to monitor your health throughout the day and do not attend if you are feeling unwell):
- Submit a completed Individual Declaration of Health for each attendee (only valid for the day the form is submitted). You can also find this form on go.orienteeringcalgary.ca.
- Read the guidelines for participation in Foothills Orienteering Club Events during pandemic. Important points in these guidelines include:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, stay home.
- Practice physical and social distancing including 2m separation from people not within your family or cohort.
- Bring your own supplies including water and hand sanitizer as none will be provided.
- Wear a mask when not out running on course.
- Eliminate contact with communal surfaces at the start and finish areas.
- Do not touch orienteering flags or ribbons.
- Please be sure to follow basic personal hygiene rules and wash/sanitize your hands before and after being on a course.
- Follow the event organizer’s event specific rules and measures to reduce the risk of contacting or spreading Covid19.
- Sign in when you arrive (when you get your map) and sign out when you come back. Organizers may handle this differently; please help them ensure you are safe.
- Remember that everyone sees the risks and rewards of outdoor sport during a pandemic differently, so please err on the side of caution and help ensure that everyone at the event (especially the general public) is comfortable with the measures you are taking to ensure physical distancing and personal hygiene.