Organizer: Tim McLaren (Event Director)
This is the ninth event of the TNT Series. Thanks Tim for a challenging route planning event!
|TNT #9 Results|
According to Organizer Tim, Lakeview is full of bendy roads to challenge your navigational skills. There are also a few straight blocks but I don't want it to be too easy so I've made running along these straight roads and their sidewalks out-of-bounds for this TNT. You can cross these dashed purple lines, but you cannot travel alongside them on the road or sidewalk (unless you are concerned about your safety - i.e. icy conditions causing dangerous footing). Therefore, you will find that some of the potential routes between controls are out-of-bounds because that route would partially follow a dashed purple line. Instead, you will often be forced to choose a more convoluted route like in a maze. This may force you to use many alleyways which will likely be slippery and possibly be dark depending on the time of day. Expect some icy spots and consider wearing spikes as well as a headlamp if dark.
To simplify the process, we are asking members to sign up for the series. We plan to offer between 10 and 13 sessions. You must register and pay for the series in advance. You will receive an email (from [email protected]) regarding the exact location each week. No onsite registration or membership signup will be provided. More details in the email!
MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION for the FWOC TNT Courses.
Sign up now: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=25057
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: Each participant must be a member (including each member of a family orienteering together); you can purchase a 2021 Foothills Orienteering membership. You will be asked to renew your membership before the January sessions begin.
On the day of the event:
Here is what you need to do as early as possible on the day of the event (but continue to monitor your health throughout the day and do not attend if you are feeling unwell):
- Submit a completed Individual Declaration of Health for each attendee (only valid for the day the form is submitted). You can also find this form on go.orienteeringcalgary.ca.
- Read the guidelines for participation in Foothills Orienteering Club Events during pandemic. Important points in these guidelines include:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, stay home.
- Practice physical and social distancing including 2m separation from people not within your family or cohort.
- Bring your own supplies including water and hand sanitizer as none will be provided.
- Eliminate contact with communal surfaces at the start and finish areas.
- Please be sure to follow basic personal hygiene rules and wash/sanitize your hands before and after being on a course.
- Remember that everyone sees the risks and rewards of outdoor sport during a pandemic differently, so please err on the side of caution and help ensure that everyone at the event (especially the general public) is comfortable with the measures you are taking to ensure physical distancing and personal hygiene.