This is the last event of the series. Thanks to Adam S for putting in the effort to create a map and a course!
|Bonus TNT #2 Results|
|Kristin & Lawrence||1:06'59||8.1|
Thank you, Adam! There were some map challenges, especially around No. 1 (alleys not marked) and 5 (how do I get out of here!). I also found a shortcut from No. 9, not marked on the map. CK
Beautiful afternoon for another fun course. Thank you to Adam for creating the course. DK
Notes from Adam: This course stretches over the area of Calgary formerly occupied by CFB Calgary (known at one time as Currie Barracks). For those that had a chance to run Andrew’s course in the same neighborhood a few weeks back, you’ll recognize some of the terrain but rest assured this covers plenty of new ground as well. This is my first time putting together a course but I’ve had some fantastic support from Marion in working out the kinks to get it TNT-ready! Thanks Marion! The course is about 5 km as the crow flies but will likely end up being around 7 km on the ground depending on route choice.
MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION for the FWOC TNT Courses.
Sign up now: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=25057
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: Each participant must be a member (including each member of a family orienteering together); you can purchase a 2021 Foothills Orienteering membership. You will be asked to renew your membership before the January sessions begin.
On the day of the event:
Here is what you need to do as early as possible on the day of the event (but continue to monitor your health throughout the day and do not attend if you are feeling unwell):
- Submit a completed Individual Declaration of Health for each attendee (only valid for the day the form is submitted). You can also find this form on go.orienteeringcalgary.ca.
- Read the guidelines for participation in Foothills Orienteering Club Events during pandemic. Important points in these guidelines include:
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, stay home.
- Practice physical and social distancing including 2m separation from people not within your family or cohort.
- Bring your own supplies including water and hand sanitizer as none will be provided.
- Eliminate contact with communal surfaces at the start and finish areas.
- Please be sure to follow basic personal hygiene rules and wash/sanitize your hands before and after being on a course.
- Remember that everyone sees the risks and rewards of outdoor sport during a pandemic differently, so please err on the side of caution and help ensure that everyone at the event (especially the general public) is comfortable with the measures you are taking to ensure physical distancing and personal hygiene.