Organizer: Jane R (Event Director)
RESULTS: note that some finishers were disqualified due to crossing the black solid lines with tags which was forbidden in the course setter's special rules noted below (and in the emailed instructions). The raw Winsplits results are available here -- they have not been updated with any disqualifications. Special thanks to all the organizer's and helpers today, especially Jane, Marsha, and Teresa!
Middle Distance Club Championships - Last event of the season!
Parking: Votier’s Flats parking area, at the south end of Elbow Drive, south of Canyon Meadows Drive.
Start: Between 11 am and12:30 with a 2 hour time limit.
Course Setter's notes:
- The paths are heavily used by cyclists so keep your eyes and ears open.
- There will be no water on course - please carry your own if you think you'll need it.
- For the longer courses, shoes with good traction will be helpful and gaiters.
- In addition to one bridge over Fish Creek, three crossing points are marked on the map, DO NOT cross the creek by going down or up steep banks (black solid lines with tags) you MUST go around these obstacles.
- The map has had some revision for this event (thank you Teresa) but please note the map is not brand new and it is now fall, therefore the interpretation of the vegetation may be challenging.
The last three events of the season will be the FWOC Club Championships! Each event will challenge a slightly different skill:
- October 2 - Long Event @ Fish Creek Park - Shannon Terrace will require some good route choice decisions.
- October 6 - Sprint Event @ the University of Calgary will require quick decisions and speed (although of course you can always walk!).
- October 9 - Middle Event @ Fish Creek Park - Votier's Flats will require some detailed navigation.
All club members are welcome no matter your skill level; there will be open categories for those who prefer a more recreational event. There will be age-based race (competitive) categories, too. Note the Sprint event on October 6 is included in the Wednesday Season pass and Second Half Pass. The other events will have a separate fee. Details TBA.