Nose Hill @ Berkley Gate - Results! Wednesday Evening series
May 4th 2022 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Organizers: Clarence Kort (Event Director), Bogi Gyorfi (Host)
Map: Nose Hill (1:15,000)
Thank you to course planner, Clarence, and his awesome team of volunteers (Gabi, Bogi, Kitty, Alda, Marsha, and Robin) for a great event on Nose Hill @ Berkley Gate!
Things to know:
- In-person with control flags and SI units in the terrain from 6:30-8pm on the day of the event.
- We will be using SI sticks; you can borrow one on the night of the event if you do not own one.
- You will still have to pre-register for the events on our Interpodia registration site.
- Please check in on arrival and collect your map and SI stick if you are borrowing one.
- Remember to return the SI stick and CHECK OUT so we know you have come back:)
- You will need to be a 2022 member of FWOC or another Canadian orienteering club.
- We will be using Maprun6 so you can run anytime if you do not want to or can't run on the evening of the event.
REGISTER for the Try-It Event below!
People new to orienteering can sign up for the free Try-It event only:
Try-It Event ONLY Registration
What to expect?
- You will receive brief instructions.
- You can try a couple of learning activities
- You will get a map and head out for a self-lead mapwalk to try a beginner orienteering course. All of this would take around 1 hour.
Why should you try orienteering?
- Engages the mind & body with emphasis on fun
- Builds competence and confidence to be outside, for life.
- Teaches navigation and map reading skills.
- Helps to connect with our natural environment.
- Gets everyone moving outside with a big smile.