RESULTS! # 4 - Riley Park-SAIT & Try-It! Wednesday Evening series
May 18th 2022 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Course MapsNo course maps posted yet.
Organizer: David Campden (Event Director)
Map: SAIT / Riley Park
Run around Riley Park and, for the Intermediate and Advanced courses, the SAIT campus. All courses cross some roads so please exercise caution when crossing. The SAIT portion of the map is a little out of date due to construction but is still fine (with a little tweaking) for a Wednesday evening event.
Registration normally closes Monday midnight for map printing. We do print a few extra maps for late registrations but if too many people sign up late, we run out of maps or waste resources printing extras.
Note: Cricket season has started! Please don't run across the cricket pitch if there is a game being played (the courses have been designed to avoid the main cricket pitch but some courses may cross the practice pitch to the east of the main field).
Beginner course - 1.7 km, 10 controls. This course crosses some roads to the west of Riley Park.
Intermediate course - 3.6 km, 15 controls. This course goes around Riley Park and the SAIT campus. Please exercise caution crossing roads. Note that the SAIT part of the map is a little out of date in some places but still usable.
Advanced course - 4.9 km, 22 controls. This course goes around Riley Park and the SAIT campus. Please exercise caution crossing roads. Note that the SAIT part of the map is a little out of date in some places but still usable.
REGISTER for the Try-It Event below!
People new to orienteering can sign up for the last free Try-It event only:
Try-It Event ONLY Registration
What to expect?
- You will receive brief instructions.
- You can try a couple of learning activities
- You will get a map and head out for a self-lead mapwalk to try a beginner orienteering course. All of this would take around 1 hour.
Why should you try orienteering?
- Engages the mind & body with emphasis on fun
- Builds competence and confidence to be outside, for life.
- Teaches navigation and map reading skills.
- Helps to connect with our natural environment.
- Gets everyone moving outside with a big smile.