Map: Nose Hill (1:15,000)
TRY IT! INFO HERE:
One more free -TRY IT!- as part of the ParticipAction Community Better Challenge, to get outside and enjoy this fun outdoor activity that fits most ages and abilities.
REGISTER for the Try-It Event below!
- You will receive brief instructions.
- You can try a couple of learning activities
- You will get a map and head out for a self-lead mapwalk to try a beginner orienteering course. All of this would take around 1 hour.
Why should you try orienteering?
- Engages the mind & body with emphasis on fun
- Builds competence and confidence to be outside, for life.
- Teaches navigation and map reading skills.
- Helps to connect with our natural environment.
- Gets everyone moving outside with a big smile.
Registration for our -Regular Wednesday CLUB- event is below: Things to know!
- We are returning to regular orienteering!! This means in-person with control flags and SI units in the terrain from 6:30-8pm on the day of the event.
- We will be using SI sticks; you can borrow one on the night of the event if you do not own one.
- You will have to pre-register for the events (Green button on the side).
- You will need to be a 2022 member of Foothills Orienteering (FWOC) or another Canadian orienteering club.
- We will be using Maprun6 so you can run anytime if you do not want to run on the evening of the event.
Wednesday Night Information
- Trails and contours are as always very accurate on Nose Hill. Large vegetation is also accurate, but smaller bushes, etc. should not be used as a primary navigation tool.
- Control descriptions do not fit on the Advanced course map--separate control descriptions will be made available at check-in.
- Leg covering is recommended for the Intermediate and Advanced courses :)
- Have fun!
- Novice (Beginner): 2.5km, 9 controls
- Intermediate: 3.9km, 11 controls
- Advanced: 5.7km, 15 controls