Thanks a bunch for all the volunteers who pitched in to help out on the day and special thanks to Don B for being a fantastic controller and braving the heat to help set up the controls on a hot and sunny Wendesday evening!
This week's courses are at Bowmont,
- Advanced: Scale: 1:7500, 4.7km, 120m climb
- Intermediate: 1:5000, 3.5km, 60m climb
- Beginner: 1:4000, 1.7km, 30m climb
- The Advanced and Intermediate courses cross the river; you must use the bridge to cross the river. Water features outlined in black on orienteering maps mean they are uncrossable.
- Pink slash on the map means out-of-bounds; please respect the out-of-bounds markings.
- North is not indicated on the map but remember that the control numbers are always oriented properly, and north is the top of the map.
- Bowmont is a dog-park; please be aware of dogs on course.
- The parking lot is small so you may have to find alternate places to park.
Things to know:
- We are returning to regular orienteering!! This means in-person with control flags and SI units in the terrain from 6:30-8pm on the day of the event.
- We will be using SI sticks; you can borrow one on the night of the event if you do not own one.
- You will have to pre-register for the events (check back here later).
- You will need to be a 2022 member of Foothills Orienteering (FWOC) or another Canadian orienteering club.
- We will be using Maprun6 so you can run anytime if you do not want to run on the evening of the event.