TNT #9 - West Confederation Park Results Toques & Training series
January 31st 2023 6:00pm - February 1st 2023 8:00pm
Organizer: Alda Behie (Event Director)
Map: Confederation Park
Thanks to Alda for a fun run through Triwood.
FWOC is offering TNTs (winter orienteering training) again this year. You must be a member of FWOC (or another Canadian orienteering club - OC Member) to participate.
West Confed TNT January 31-February 1 2023
Start / Finish adjacent to 24
- 100 m southeast of Charleswood Dr
- Street parking. on 24 Street and Chicoutimi Dr is restricted parking (2 hour) until 5 pm.
- The scale of the map is 1:7500
- The course can be shortened by connecting control 3 to control 8.
- Note that park benches and picnic tables are not included on the map
- Sidewalks and trails may be icy – grippers are recommended
- Pin flags will be set at all controls.
- The map will print on letter sized paper.
- Magnetic north aligns with the vertical axis of the paper.
- MapRun6 will also be set for control points for use on Smart Phones with the app loaded.
- Social on Wednesday – starting at 6 pm –
- Address and contact details in email. Maps can be picked up at organizer's front step.
- Days of the week. 2022-2023 TNTs will usually run on both Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm. Pin flags will be set out for the duration of the event. Thus, participants who would prefer to run during the day can run Wednesday morning or afternoon:) NOTE: The organizer has the option of making their event a weekend event.
- Social Option. The organizer has the option of hosting a social gathering during the event, usually either Tuesday evening or Wednesday evening. Details for this will be on the webpage and in the email to participants.
- Family Pricing Option: To encourage families to participate (especially in this time of increasing costs), FWOC has decided to provide a family pricing option (for two or more members of a family who live in the same household) for the series of TNTs. This pricing option is still being configured in Interpodia. Stay tuned.
Same as last year:
- You need to register (and pay) in advance on-line. Registration link will be available soon.
- The minimum number of events is 10 and we hope to offer up to 15. You can participate in as many as you like. Even if you only get to 5 events, it's a pretty good deal!
- All events will be put on Maprun6 so you can go any day after the start of the event (up to a year).
- The location, PDF of the map, and maprun6 details will be sent via email to all registered participants.
- If you need a map printed for you, please let us know.