Organizer: Jonathan Winn (Event Director)
Location: west of Lynnview Road SE, opposite Lynnview Way SE (see map below)
- Beginner - approx 2.2km, 30m climb, no streets
- Intermediate - approx 2.4km, 30m climb, some streets
- Advanced - approx 3.8km, 50m climb, some streets
Herbicide was applied last week in various locations throughout the park
Some areas in the park are being regenerated. Please respect out-of-bounds areas (olive green or purple hatch on the map). Olive green areas in the park have fences around them, so they are easy to spot. The purple hatched areas do not all have fences or obvious boundaries on the ground but courses have been designed to avoid them.
Similarly, water levels are lower in places than shown on the map, please avoid crossing any areas shown as "uncrossable" water on the map (blue with a black outline).
ITS GETTING DARK EARLIER!!!!!
We have moved the start time to 6pm. Please try to arrive early and finish by 7:30pm if possible, so we can start picking up controls by 7:45pm.
On that note, we would appreciate any help picking up controls. It would be a good idea to bring a headlamp, just in case.
2023 Wednesday Evening Orienteering (WEO) Series
- Regular orienteering on Wednesday evenings - this means in-person with control flags and SI units in the terrain from 6:30-8pm on the day of the event.
- You will need an SI stick; you can borrow one from the club on the night of the event if you do not own one.
- You will have to pre-register for the events.
- You can pay for each session separately
- You can sign up for the series and get a discount
- The last day to register for each Wednesday event is the Monday evening before it to guarantee we have a map printed for you.
- You will need to be a 2023 member of Foothills Orienteering (FWOC), a 2023 member of another Canadian orienteering club, or purchase a “day of the event membership”.
- We will be using Maprun6 so, if you registered for the event, you can run anytime if you do not want to run on the evening of the event.
- There will be about 20 Wednesday Evenings in the series.
NOTE: After having registered for an event, you can make changes to your course selection on the Interpodia website. Login. Go to "Event Registrations" section in the menu on the left side of the screen. Click on the “Manage” button on the event you want to revise. Click view/edit registration. Click on the edit button on Course Selection. Revise your selection there; for example, if you won't be able to attend unexpectedly, you can choose to get a map PDF instead.