Organizer: Charlotte MacNaughton (Permit)
Spook-O is a orienteering themed Halloween event that will challenge
kids of all ages to a spooky, slightly scary adventure running course.
Little kids can run in the afternoon and older kids can run at dusk for a
slightly spookier adventure. Families are very welcome! And please wear
your costumes! Spread your love of SOGO by inviting a friend, everyone
is welcome! You do not need to be registered in SOGO to join this event.
We are always looking for volunteers! If you would like to sign up and help us with our event as either a spooky character, hand out treats, set up decorations, course marshal, we would love to have you! Please send us an email to [email protected].
Date: Sunday October 29, 2023
Registration times: Sign up to start at one of these times: 3:00, 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00.
Courses should take approximately 30-60 min to complete. This event suits a wide range of abilities and ages, so bring the whole family!
- Cost: $5 per participant (kids under 2 are free).
- Registration not required for 1 year olds. Please register your 2 year although there will not be a fee for your 2 year old.
- On-line processing fees will apply.
The registration fee includes:
- A spooky orienteering course
- A map for each paid participant
- Coaching assistance at the park if needed
- Some candy treats along the way
- A one-day club associate membership.
All participants (including parents) need to register, pay the fee and sign our waiver. Parents, please come prepared to participate with your kiddos.
Location: North Glenmore Park. (meet at the Canoe Club: 7305 Crowchild Trail SW)
This event will take place entirely outdoors, please check and dress for the weather.
Registration opening soon.