Organizer: Teresa (Event Director)
Map: Twelve Mile Coulee
Thank to Teresa for hosting a terrific TNT with two courses and some awesome treats! Some of us got to see the moose up close and personal, which may or may not have been a treat, too! The results are posted below. If you do run the course after today, please let Marsha know so she can include you in the results.
This week's event will include a social component on Tuesday evening (28 Nov). As a bonus, pin flags will be set out and maps will be available earlier in the day on Tuesday. This will allow you to complete your course in daylight before the social, if you so wish. Further details will be sent out to TNT registrants closer to the date.
FWOC is offering TNTs (Toques and Training Series) again this year. You must be a current member of FWOC (or another Canadian orienteering club - OC Member) to participate. You only have to pay once through Interpodia / 2M, and you will be sent participant information including exact location each week.
- Days of the week. 2023-2024 TNTs will usually run on both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6 pm to 8 pm. Pin flags will be set out for the duration of the event (from Tuesday at 6pm to Wednesday at 8pm). Thus, participants who would prefer to run during the day can run Wednesday morning or afternoon. NOTE: The organizer has the option of making their event a weekend event.
- Social Option. The organizer may host a social gathering during the event, usually either Tuesday evening or Wednesday evening. Details for this will be on the webpage and in the email to participants. The Social could be at the organizer's house or at a nearby cafe or pub.
- Family Pricing Option: To encourage families to participate, FWOC is planning to provide a family pricing option (save 40% for two or more members of a family who live in the same household) for the series of TNTs.
- Cost: $20 / person for the series (or family pricing option for family members in the same household).
- You need to register (and pay) in advance online.
- The minimum number of events is 10, and we hope to offer up to 15. You can participate in as many as you like. Even if you only get to 5 events, it's a pretty good deal!
- All events will be put on Maprun6 so you can go any day after the start of the event (up to a year).
- The location, PDF of the map, and maprun6 details will be sent via email to all registered participants.
- If you need a map printed for you, please let us know.
- In the new year, you will need to purchase your club membership for 2024 to continue to participate.