Map: Confederation Park
TNT 12 – Confederation Park. By Kathryn and Jan
- The TNT this week is in Confederation park with the start being from Rosemont parking lot. Maps will be in a bag tied to the “Confederation Park” sign post at the south part of the parking, and will be available from Tuesday morning.
- There is only one course – straight line distance is 3.8km, but best route is a bit longer than this. Cut it short by going from 7-12, or any other variation!
- Controls will be marked with pin flags – apart from the two controls in the housing estate which are not marked with anything. No.3 is a fire hydrant, and no.8 is a lamppost. Both marked as a black cross on the control descriptions.
- Paths are mostly clear of snow/ice as of Sunday evening, but grassy areas are snowy – this obviously may change!
- Careful crossing the road (10th Street) – please use crossing points
- Finish: Please use the underpass to get back to the carpark after finishing the course.
- Sorry, no map run this time! But it would be great if people came to the social to let us know which routes you took!
Social: this will happen on Wednesday evening in The Cat and Fiddle Pub (540 16 Ave NW, T2M 0J4) from 6pm.
See you on Wednesday!
FWOC is offering TNTs (Toques and Training Series) again this year. You must be a current member of FWOC (or another Canadian orienteering club - OC Member) to participate. You only have to pay once through Interpodia / 2M, and you will be sent participant information including exact location each week.
- Days of the week. 2023-2024 TNTs will usually run on both Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm. Pin flags will be set out for the duration of the event (from Tuesday at 6pm to Wednesday at 8pm). Thus, participants who would prefer to run during the day can run Wednesday morning or afternoon. NOTE: The organizer has the option of making their event a weekend event.
- Social Option. The organizer may host a social gathering during the event, usually either Tuesday evening or Wednesday evening. Details for this will be on the webpage and in the email to participants. The Social could be at the organizer's house or at a nearby cafe or pub.
- Family Pricing Option: To encourage families to participate, FWOC is planning to provide a family pricing option (save 40% for two or more members of a family who live in the same household) for the series of TNTs.
- Cost: $20 / person for the series (or family pricing option for family members in the same household).
- You need to register (and pay) in advance online. Registration link will be available soon.
- The minimum number of events is 10, and we hope to offer up to 15. You can participate in as many as you like. Even if you only get to 5 events, it's a pretty good deal!
- All events will be put on Maprun6 so you can go any day after the start of the event (up to a year).
- The location, PDF of the map, and maprun6 details will be sent via email to all registered participants.
- If you need a map printed for you, please let us know.
- In the new year, you will need to purchase your club membership for 2024 to continue to participate.