Wednesday Volunteer Job Descriptions - learn how easy it is to help with any of the required volunteer roles.
Alberta Orienteering Association (AOA) Volunteer Information, Volunteer Waivers, and Safety Guidelines - please submit a waiver and learn about the volunteer requirements
2018 FWOC Foothills Orienteering Membership and Waiver.pdf - for organizers to print if they run out (updated in 2018).
FWOC's RouteGadget2 Manager Login Page: https://info.orienteeringcalgary.ca/rg2/?manage
How to Synchronize SI Controls using Master Control (and other SI documentation)
Regular Event (e.g., Wednesday Night) Equipment:
- 45 BSF8 SI controls (numbered 31-75) + Start, Clear, Check and Finish units + BSM7-D USB Download unit + one BSF8 SI time master/check control + black sync coupler stick + purple service/off stick
- laptop with MeOS (event timing and results software) + SportIdent USB drivers
- Battery-powered SI 57mm wide Thermal Splits Printer (for SI split times without results from Meos)
- Optional: AC-powered EPSON TM-T88V 80mm wide Thermal USB Splits Receipt Printer (for SI split times with results, pace, and time lost per control from Meos)
- Optional: AIMTOM Portable Power Station – 26800mAh/97Wh Travel Power Bank with 3 AC outlet adapter (a portable power supply for printer, laptop, etc.).
- 2 Tupperware bins with compasses, whistles, first aid, cash box, etc.
- folder for maps and registration paperwork
- control stands and flags
- banners, tents, tables and chairs
- 26 Blue SportIdent SI8 Finger Sticks: SI#2008536-2008560; 30 Yellow SI9 Finger Sticks: SI#1427341-1427370; one Blue SI6 Finger Stick SI#887065; 4 red SI9; 2 red SI8s. (SI8 sticks can store up to 30 regular controls; SI9s up to 50 controls; SI6 up to 64 controls)
- Optional: club Android smartphone (GPS and cellular voice/data-enabled) and 7" Amazon Fire Android tablet (wifi-only; no GPS or data service)
- Optional: an additional SI training kit may be available with 25 controls (5 numbers overlap Wed kit) (numbered 71-90, 116-120) + ST, CH, CL, FIN, RDO, Purple Off Key
- Optional: other equipment is available (see Club Equipment List)
SI Controls Inventory:
- see FWOC SI Unit Inventory spreadsheet for more details
- Tim M has all kits as of March 2021
- Wed Night Kit: Units 31-75 (45 controls) + Start, Clear, Check and Finish units + BSM7-D USB Download unit + one BSF8 SI time master/check control + black sync coupler stick + purple service/off stick + SI Splits Printer kit + Epson splits/receipt printer with AIMTOM battery pack
- Training Kit: Units 71-90, 116-120 (25 controls, note 5 numbers overlap Wed kit) + ST, CH, CL, FIN, RDO, Purple Off Key
- [email protected] Kit #1: Units 91-115 (25 controls); 2 sets of start, clear, finish; 2 printer kits; 1 purple key
- SOGO Access Kit: 140-142, 144-149 (9 controls missing #143) also missing: St, Fin and Master (set as clear) + Mini Reader 10(?)
- SOGO L1/L2 Kit: units 150-190, 200-208 (50 controls), 2 sets of start, clear, finish; 1 printer; 1 purple Service Off Key
- [email protected] Kit #2: Units #215-239 (25 controls) + 2 sets S,F,CL; SI Splits Printer; purple service off key
- Gebe Splits Printer kit (only use Gebe printer paper special ordered from Germany otherwise it is blurry)
- Spares at 19Apr2021: Start#2 Clear#3 Finish#3 Master#6 Master#5 USBDownload USBDownload Start#11 Finish#11 Clear#11 Start#7 Clear#7 Finish#7 #43