Organizer: Adrian Zissos (Coach)
Course Planning seminar
Canmore Nordic Centre day lodge
This Saturday in Canmore world famous course planning guru Adrian Z (me) will be giving a two hour Course Planning seminar. Everyone is invited. Information, insights, and inspiration are just some of the many benefits of attending (and paying attention rather than falling asleep during the seminar). Learning about course planning is one of the best ways to improve your orienteering. And of course the seminar will be ultra-helpful if you are interested in doing some course planning yourself. What you will learn:
- what makes a good orienteering course
- How to use tempo / technique / terrain (the Three-Ts) to make fun, challenging, and fair courses
- What is the difference between setting sprint / middle / long courses
- How to create route choice
- How to control navigational difficulty
- The “proper” approach to course planning
- And much, much more
This seminar is suitable for all levels of experience (and in fact will likely help most the less experienced orienteers). It is also suitable for mature juniors – and especially all SOGO Level 3 juniors!!
BONUS - in the morning you can do some technical forest training at Bow Valley Park. Click here for more details about the training.