Organizer: Andrew McLaren (Event Director)
Map: Moose Creek
POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE
FWOC Forest Meet @ Moose Creek, a TCP Fundraiser!
Andrew M, an FWOC elite athlete and member of Team Canada, is organizing a forest meet on the Moose Creek map. This is an excellent opportunity to get in some forest orienteering prior to the WCOCs in Kelowna the following weekend. It is also an opportunity to support Team Canada athletes who participate in international events on behalf of Orienteering Canada. FWOC will donate $10 per $15 registration fee to TCP.
There will be four courses offered, from forest beginner to advanced. The map, which was updated in 2021, is just an hour's drive from Calgary! Come out and enjoy this great map on what will hopefully be a beautiful day.
If you would like to volunteer for check-in, control pickup, timing, refreshments, etc... please email me at [email protected]
Preliminary Course Lengths:
- Beginner: 2-3km
- Intermediate: 3.5-4km
- Short Advanced: 4-5km
- Long Advanced: 7-9km
Preliminary Event Details:
- Start: Start any time between 10 am and 12 noon.
- Course closes at 2pm
- Maximum time on course: 2 hours (whether or not you complete your course) Organizers will start collecting controls at 2pm.
- Finish will be located by check-in
- Start location TBD
- SI timing: will be used for all courses. SI fingersticks will be available to borrow at check-in.
- Whistles: are mandatory
- Water on course: TBD
- Refreshments: TBD
- What to bring:
- SI stick (or borrow at event)
- There are a limited number of Whistles and Compasses also available to borrow
- Map scale: 1:7,500 for Beginner and Intermediate courses; 1:10,000 for Advanced courses.
- Contour interval 5 m
Parking at Pine Woods Loop Trailhead (same as the map at the bottom of the page)
Walk to check-in: TBD
Walk to start: TBD
A map of the event area will be provided at a later date
More details and registration coming soon!