FWOC event participation requirements
At this time, Alberta Health, AOA, Orienteering Canada, and our insurance provider no longer require special Covid-19 measures, however, we have the following health, safety, and insurance requirements for participation at any club event:
- All participants must either be:
i) a member of Foothills Orienteering Club for the current year (including SOGO members); or
ii) a member of an affiliated Orienteering Canada club; or
iii) a volunteer or employee only if carrying out their assigned duties. Volunteers must complete an AOA volunteer waiver.
- All participants must have completed the annual online participation waiver, which is done when registering for your Foothills Orienteering membership. If you have a membership from another Club or are an Honorary Lifetime membership, you must submit a standalone annual online waiver.
- All participants must pre-register on the specific event page following the instructions on the event page (unless the specific event does not require pre-registration).
- Please read our one-page or expanded orienteering safety guidelines.
- Practice responsible health hygiene including:
- If you have a cold, fever, flu, COVID-19 symptoms, or recent exposure to someone with Covid-19, please stay home and/or ask us about using MapRun to run the course on your own a later time.
- Follow any event-specific requirements.
- Be kind and courteous to those around you!